Become a Better Start Bradford Volunteer Community Champion
Are you passionate about working with families to make a difference to local children’s lives? If yes, this a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved!
* We’re recruiting now! Please see full details at the bottom of the page *
What are Better Start Bradford Community Champions?
As a Community Champion you will play an important role in our community by:
- Helping out at our fun-packed Better Start Bradford family events
- Sharing simple tips, activities and resources with families to use with their young children
- Telling families about our projects, website and family newsletter
- Encouraging more families to take part in our events and activities
- Sharing your local knowledge with the Better Start Bradford team
- Meeting other Community Champions and sharing ideas
- Helping local people get involved in shaping local services
Who can be a Better Start Bradford Community Champion?
Anyone of any age and background, living or working in the Better Start Bradford area can become a Community Champion. We don’t ask for any qualifications or previous experience and we provide training; all you need to bring is a real interest in improving the lives of expectant parents and families with children aged under four. We’d love to hear from you if you’d like to make a difference in your community.
Why volunteer with Better Start Bradford?
- Build your confidence and gain new skills
- Feel party of our growing Better Start Bradford Community Champions network
- Gain knowledge and understanding of early childhood development
- Gain references or recommendations for future employment (as long as you have been actively involved with the programme for a minimum of six months)
- Meet new people and make new friends
We’re recruiting Community Champions right now!
To find out more about this volunteer role, contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator Emma for an informal chat or to request an application form: 01274 723146 / 07709 643864 / [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 8 September 2019
Informal interviews: 16 September 2019