Become a Better Start Bradford Community Champion
Are you as passionate as we are about working with families to make a difference to local children’s lives? If yes, then we have a great opportunity for you to get involved.
What are Better Start Bradford Community Champions?
As a Community Champion you will have an important role to play in our community. Volunteering for a few hours a week, you will raise awareness and understanding of the importance of the early years of life and our programme through:
- Sharing information with people in your local community
- Talking about Better Start Bradford and our messages
- Telling our families about our projects, website and family newsletter
- Attending and helping with Better Start Bradford events
- Encouraging more of our families to come to our Learning and Development events
- Sharing your local knowledge with the Better Start Bradford team
- Meeting other community champions and sharing ideas
- Helping our community get involved in shaping local services
- Learning new skills and have fun volunteering in your local community
Who can be a Better Start Bradford Community Champion?
Anyone! People of any age and background, living or working in the Better Start Bradford area. We would love to hear from everyone who would like to make a difference within their community.
Why volunteer with Better Start Bradford?
- Be part of our growing Better Start Bradford champions’ network
- Get new knowledge and understanding of early childhood development
- Gain references or recommendations for future employment, as long as you have been actively involved with the programme for a minimum of six months
- Build your confidence and gain new skills
- Meet new people and make new friends
Calling all dads and male carers! You all play vital roles and we are keen to recruit dads and male carers to become Better Start Bradford Community Champions.
How do I apply?
STEP ONE: Let us know you want to be involved!
If you think this might be for you, please contact Zakra for an informal chat and an application form on 01274 513220 or email on [email protected]
STEP TWO: Come for a chat
Once we receive your registration of interest we will ask you to attend an informal chat where we will want to find out more about you.
STEP THREE: Training
Come to the training sessions and then you are ready to start!